Thomas Aquinas--Aristotle--Rene Descartes--Epicurus--Martin Heidegger--Thomas Hobbes--David Hume--Immanuel Kant--Soren Kierkegaard--Karl Marx--John Stuart Mill--Friedrich Nietzsche--Plato--Karl Popper--Bertrand Russell--Jean-Paul Sartre--Arthur Schopenhauer--Socrates--Baruch Spinoza--Ludwig Wittgenstein

Sunday 29 May 2016

THE BULLDOZER


So, it has silently come to be,
A place hostile to you and me.
In stillness I can clearly see,
I'm now virtue's last refugee.

In building a bulldozer army,
We created our own enemy.
In the name of our economy,
We surrender our autonomy.

In every spot, every corner,
Rolls the bulldozer monster.
To every sight, every chatter,
It is now the supreme master.

Yet, the victims line the street,
Prostrate at democracy's feet.
When arguments never meet,
Blind worship can turn sweet.

If in the bulldozer I idly sit,
Truly, I feel I'm not the bandit.
In destroying all that resist it,
The machine is the real culprit.

So if we see a line in the sand,
We'll have to take a stand.
To save our beloved land,
We'll need to have every hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment